- Organization: Volunteer Center of Cedar Valley
- Causes: Civic, Educational, Environmental, Health, Kids, Seniors
- Contact person: Lauren Finke
- Phone: 319-272-2087
- Email: Lauren_Finke@vccv.org
- Website: www.vccv.org
VCCV Weekly Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteers will assist during the Cedar Valley's first-ever purpose workshops with the Blue Zones Project to be held on Tuesday, February 5 from 3:00 – 6:30 p.m. and Saturday, February 9 from 1:00 – 4:30 p.m. Opportunities include greeting workshop participants and helping those sign up and complete pledge actions on the Blue Zones Project website. Volunteers age 18 and over are welcome.
- Volunteers are invited to work with third graders while assisting staff with printing press and industry assembly line activities at the Grout Museum District. This opportunity will be held on February 6th from 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. Volunteers age 18 and
over are welcome.
- Junior Achievement of Eastern Iowa needs adults, age 18 and older, to visit a 6th or 8th grade
classroom once a week for 6 weeks beginning February 7. Junior Achievement provides all of the materials needed. Volunteers will lead short discussions focused on entrepreneurship in a social studies class.
- Volunteers age 16 and older are invited to assist children with activities on the engineering process, scientific method and more while using Legos on February 23 from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. at the Bluedorn Science Imaginarium.
Call 319-272-2087 to volunteer!