Ask the Patch Pros: About Gardening and Landscaping
May is the peak of the gardening season, the perfect time to get advice from gardening experts.
What is about May that makes us want to get our hands in the dirt and grow things?
The lure to garden, which in July seems like a muggy burden, feels as irresistable as young love in spring.
So, new hope for our lawns and gardens springs eternal.
What better time to assemble an awesome team of gardening experts and make them available to answer your gardening questions for the next three days.
Here are some of them:
- Chuck Porto, general manager of Iowa City Landscaping and Garden Center.
- Bret Wram, garden center manager for TNT Landscaping in Ankeny.
- Carmen Wade, a Polk County Master Gardener, who can answer questions about perennials.
- Robert Newton, another master gardener from West Des Moines.
- Rita Perea, a master gardener from Des Moines.
- If you have a question about vegetable gardening, trees or fruit trees, we have Mark R. White, a Des Moines master gardener available.
- Christopher Schwartz, garden blogger on Cedar Falls Patch and organizer with the Waterloo Community Garden.
So ask your questions in the comment space below and happy gardening!