The past serveral weeks have been full of high temperatures in the triple digits — sometimes even record highs.
It's enough to wish for nine inches of snow in July, but that's just not going to happen in Iowa.
So, in the spirit of embracing the hot, hot, hot weather, we're asking our Patch Pros this week for tips and advice on beating the heat, staying safe while going about our days outside and how to keep our pets healthy in the heat.
Here is this week's panel of experts:
Dr. Brianne Day, physician, Mercy Waukee Clinic
Mandi Callison, founder of Bailing Out Benji blog
Ryan Downs, owner, Next Level Fitness in Cedar Falls
Nake Hinkeldey, owner and chiropractor, Team Chiropractic and Rehabilitation in Johnston
Renee Jetter, dog trainer and co-owner of Canine Craze Performance Center in Urbandale
So what are you waiting for? Ask our experts all your heat-related questions.
If you liked this Patch Pros feature, then you might also like:
- Ask the Patch Pros: How to Conserve Water Around the Home During Drought 2012
- Ask the Patch Pro: Your Career and Job Questions Answered
- Ask the Patch Pros: All Things Grilling and BBQ
- Ask the Patch Pros: Summer Water Safety
- Ask the Patch Pros: All Things RAGBRAI
- Ask the Patch Pros About: Wine and Beer
- Ask the Patch Pros: Your Car Questions
- Ask the Patch Pros: About Your Iowa 'Stay-cation'
- Ask the Patch Pros: The Photography Edition
- Ask the Patch Pros: About Bullying in Iowa
- Ask the Patch Pros: About Gardening and Landscaping
- Ask The Patch Pros: About Your Pet Problems
- Ask the Patch Pros: Your Health Questions Answered