Who's Hiring in Cedar Falls? John Deere and Petco
Who's hiring in Cedar Falls and Waterloo? Find out here.
Have a job opening? Tell us in the comments or add it to our Jobs listings section.
1. Next Generation Wireless:
As a Retail Wireless Consultant, you are directly responsible for assisting new and existing customers, creating the ideal customer experience with each customer interaction. To guarantee your success you must be able follow a proven 5 step sales process, communicate effectively, possess great organizational skills, lead by example, and encourage a positive TEAM environment. Experience in customer service and sales experience is preferred. Must be flexible to work nights, weekends and holidays, if necessary.
2. Petco, Waterloo:
Responsibilities include: • Promoting and conducting dog-training classes within assigned PETCO store(s) • Assisting owners/customers by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise to satisfy them, and by effectively employing suggestive selling techniques to increase individual sales. • Consulting with owners/customers in solving training and behavioral issues in a positive manner that encourages interest and satisfaction. • Helping motivate owners/customers and their canines to ensure that both achieve success and satisfaction with our educational services • Assorted customer service, sales, housekeeping, and other store duties, as determined by the General Manager
Seasonal Warehouse Worker
- Efficiently and safely handles all cartons to ensure productive and accurate processing of merchandise to the store network.
- Receives and unloads cartons and/or pallets from inbound trailers; unloads cartons from an electrically operated conveyor and stacking cartons into an outbound trailer
- Moves pallets through the warehouse and removes pallets of merchandise in storage locations
- Checking and maintaining carton count accuracy within the warehouse; order processing; additional duties as assigned
- Verifies and packs merchandise from master cartons to store cartons, in quantities more readily sold by the stores.
- Places individual master cartons on a packing station table
- Scans labels and places appropriate quantity in the carton designated for the store
- Places carton onto conveyor line for delivery to the outbound department
- Good communication skills; able to work independently and in a team environment; accurately use basic math skills
- Able to operate all power equipment safely, read labels, tickets and other product documentation; able to use a personal computer
- Able to operate PCS system (scanning of labels with electronic pencil-wand)
- Able to lift and carry merchandise weighing up to 30-47 lbs. regularly, and up to 60 lbs. on an infrequent basis
- Along with other Target job requirements, this position requires successful completion of the Physical Abilities Test. (Warehouse Worker)
- Willing to work in various temperature controlled environments form ambient to frozen
Tuffy Auto Service Center has immediate opening for Technician for Waterloo/Cedar Falls Area.
We are looking for honest, hard working, sales and quality driven auto technicians to work in a busy full service auto repair facility.
We provide top of the line pay, benefits, and a generous commission structure. Minimum 2 years experience with brakes, suspension, alignments and and general full service auto repair.
5. John Deere:
As a Product Engineer - Engine Performance Analyst for John Deere Power Systems you will model and analyze engine air, fuel, exhaust and combustion systems using advanced engineering methods to accurately predict performance and to make design recommendations to optimize engine performance, durability, and cost. In addition you will:
- Aid in the development of embedded Engine Control Unit (ECU) model based controls software using MATLAB/SIMULINK and other relevant tools, as well as help derive the data needed.
- Perform 1-D engine cycle simulation of diesel engines using, primarily, the GT-Suite software and other commercial cycle simulation software tools which will be used to develop the embedded ECU models.
- Work closely with the engine development team to evaluate performance analysis needs and review test data to support the analysis needs.
- Undertake valve train design and analysis using, primarily, the Ricardo VALDYN/VALKIN software and other available commercial valve train simulation tools.