Roots Market (Closed)
Roots Market was started in 2001 by two UNI students to offer an organic and natural foods option to the Cedar Falls community. It has since grown into a full-service natural foods grocery that it is now offering organic produce, a fresh foods deli, bakery, bulk foods, wine and beer. The store is committed to bringing Cedar Falls fresh meats, eggs, honey, bread and produce from local sources. Seasonally, the store offers fresh herb and spice plants for your own garden.
Inside there is a sitting area for those who want to stop by for lunch. Homemade soups are prepared daily, sandwiches and salads are made daily and to order using its own products. Call ahead if you'd like to find out what's on the menu for the day. Eat-in or take it with you.
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 9am - 7pm; Sun, 11am - 7pm
- Handicap Accessible: There is handicapped parking and a wheelchair accessible entrance.
- Founding Date: 2003
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Diner's Club, Discover, EBT/Food Stamps, MasterCard, Paypal, Personal Check, Visa
- Food & dining options: Gluten-free, Kosher, Low calorie, Natural, Organic, Sugar-free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: No
- Tastings: Yes
- Ice: No
- Kegs: No
- Beer Types: Domestic, Imported, Microbrew
- Regional specialty: American
- Grocery services: Bakery on premises, Beer, Wine
- Firewood: No
- Propane: No